Facial Recognition at Ticket Gates Improve Security
ARK-3520L also features multiple I/O ports supporting serial communication, USB cameras, and network (LAN) cameras, making its adaptable to many application scenarios with varied space constraints and network support. High flexibility was especially important in this case as the embedded computer was not only used in the new ticket gates but also used for retrofitting to existing gates to upgrade them in order to enable facial recognition.
In terms of software support, ARK-3520L was deployed with WISE-PaaS/RMM software enabling remote device monitoring and management services with an Advantech-prepared application-ready IoT/cloud platform. Applications such as this usually come with concerns over data security, so the customer also deployed Advantech’s WISE-PaaS/Security platform for centralized security management to protect the system against cyber hacks and to safeguard system settings and data integrity if any failures occur.
- High computing power and memory for cutting-edge facial recognition applications
- Multiple I/O support delivers flexibility and expandability
- Small footprint for limited-space installations in ticket gates
- Preinstalled IoT software for easy deployment of remote monitoring functions
- Optionally purchased security software platform provides comprehensive data and system protection